Once you’ve made the trip (save your receipt!), fill out the Reimbursement Form within 14 days.
The terms are simple.
- Participants must pre-register in the program. There is no cost to employers or employees to participate.
- Participants are eligible to use the Guaranteed Ride Home as long as they have used a commute alternative on the day they need assistance.
- Commute alternatives include carpool, vanpool, shuttles, transit (bus, BART), bicycling, and walking. (Using a Transportation Network Company/ride hailing app (such as Uber or Lyft) does not qualify as a commute alternative, unless the app is specifically for carpooling (e.g. Scoop).)
- Emergency-related side trips – such as picking up a sick child from school or getting a prescription filled at a pharmacy – are permitted.
- Reimbursable trips must originate in Contra Costa County
- We will accept reimbursement requests for trips using: taxi, bike rental, public transit, or Transportation Network Companies (Uber, Lyft, etc.). Rental cars may be eligible for reimbursement if no other means are reasonably available.
- Participants can be reimbursed a maximum of 6 times per calendar year (January-December).
- The first two (2) trips are reimbursed at 100% of the GRH trip (max. reimbursement: $150.00 per trip); the next four (4) reimbursements will be at 75% of the GRH trip (max. reimbursement: $100.00 per trip). The program does not cover tips.
- 511 Contra Costa may contact your employer to verify employment information or information on a reimbursement claim.
- You acknowledge that participating in GRH does not come without risk and that 511 Contra Costa, its supporting agencies, and its funders are not liable for any damages that may occur while participating in this program
You will be reimbursed for the trip home if:
- You or an immediate family member suffers an illness, injury, or severe crisis
- You are asked by your supervisor to work unscheduled overtime which causes you to miss your carpool, vanpool, or last transit ride
- Your ridesharing vehicle breaks down or the driver has to leave early
- Your bicycle breaks down and cannot be repaired at work or on the way home
- You have a break-in, flood, fire, or other emergency at your residence
The Guaranteed Ride Home MAY NOT BE USED FOR:
- Personal errands or travel
- Pre-planned medical or dental appointments for participants or commute vehicle driver.
- Business-related travel
- Working overtime without a supervisor’s request
- Non-emergency side trips on the way home
- Ambulance service
- Trips to work
Mail: 511 Contra Costa GRH Program, 6333 Potrero Avenue, Ste 100 El Cerrito, CA 94530